The Ten Commandments
The Problem: The Science: In multiple college research projects, it has been proven that 60+% of humans will do what they’re told (spoken or written) not to do. It appears the brain has a negative filter. If you use any kind of a negative, i.e. no, not, don’t, wouldn’t, shouldn’t, couldn’t, etc. the majority of the people will do what they are directed not to do. If even your thoughts are negative in the form of worry and fear, “what you fear – happens unto you.” If test questions are imbedded with negatives, you’ll tend to miss them. The Bullshit: Thousands of years ago, humans were presented, in the written religious works (various bibles) and verbal belief systems the guidelines and laws for proper behavior in societies. These basic laws, commandments, are imbedded with negatives. These “edicts” are reported to have “come from God.” The all knowing creator of the Universe created humans with a negative filter then gave us commandments imbedded with negatives? We’ve all heard relatives says, “If you want Johnny to do . . . tell him not to do it.” Is God the cosmic joker and the joke is on us humans? Or . . . did man twist the varied Bible versions (of all religions) when written to provide crowd control, through guilt and shame, for going against the law?
The Cost: In spite of our efforts to the contrary, the majority of us – 60+% – do what we’re told not to do. If we use negatives in our thoughts, speech or writing, WE will do what we say not to do (Preachers gone bad). If we write our goals and objectives using negatives, what we want to BE, DO and HAVE will not happen. Take a look at some examples: •Signs “Wet Paint Do Not Touch” •Government Campaign “Just Say No To Drugs” •Edict “Thou Shalt Not Steal” Now filter (remove) the negatives and here’s what your Brain registers: •“Wet Paint Touch” •“Just Say Yes To Drugs” •“Thou Shalt Steal” No wonder we’re all “Sinners.” We were programmed with a negative filter, then given laws imbedded with negatives so we would go against the laws of society – DUH!
The Solution: Only through becoming aware of our negative-filtering and careful, willpower-based, conscious-action can we even hope to follow the “Commandments” and avoid putting on sitcoms and soap operas, which are about violating the commandments.
Division of the Ten Commandments by religion/denomination
The Ten Commandments as in the Holy Bible (Jewish, Anglican, Reformed, and other Christian, Orthodox, Roman Catholic, Lutheran, etc.) - I am the Lord your God (preface) 1. You shall have no other gods before me 2. You shall not make for yourself an idol. 3. You shall not make wrongful use of the name of your God. 4. Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy. 5. Honor your Father and Mother. 6. You shall not murder. 7. You shall not commit adultery. 8. You shall not steal. 9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. 10. You shall not covet your neighbor’s house and/or your neighbor’s wife.
NOTE: Not all the Holy Bible Scriptures have God's Ten Commandments the same.
The First Law –Do unto others as you would have others do unto you. (The one law all others are based on.)
The Reason and Rationale for the Commandments is social and moral values so we humans can live peacefully in a close society. Reason Enough? Do the negative laws work? Look around, is there still: crime, fraud, stealing, lies, murder, adultery and war?
1. I am the Lord your God, there is only one God. I am the #1 God – Universal Intelligence and using my Power and Word/Vibration, I created all that is.
2. The worship of other gods confuses, dilutes and lessens your belief in the One God.
3. Idols and any other man-made representations of God are useless in your life. I Am everything: all the solar systems in the Universe, this planet, air, water, dirt, plants and animals, including humans – we are all ONE.
4. Take one day in seven as a day of rest. Perceive every day as holy. Be grateful for the time you have.
5. You must kill plants and animals to survive, however, avoid Murdering other humans because it creates many social ills. What you do to others, you do to yourself.
6. Honor and obey those who brought you into this world for the: pain, protection, work to provide your survival and guidance they gave you. NOTE: They must earn this respect, and if you understand about their struggle with negatives, you can forgive, forget and move-on. Nothing in your past can control your future unless you let it.
7. When you get married, stay true to your spouse. What’s fair for one is fair for both.
8. Stealing from others violates their right to possession, is wrong and is punishable.
9. When you testify; tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
10. Praise and honor those who have something you want, and in this way you can manifest your, wants, needs and desires. If you make others wrong, you can never have what they have. What they have is an example of what is possible. Desiring and coveting someone else’s spouse takes away from you and them and must be avoided. Remember we are all ONE and even your thoughts are transmitted into the Universe – we all know what you’re thinking.
The result of violating these “commandments” is guilt and shame. Guilt and Shame are at the bottom of our consciousness scale – just above dead. If you’re experiencing guilt and shame, others will be in control of your life. If you want freedom from other people controlling you, you must follow the rules/commandments/laws.
During my Master Degree in Education, I was searching the research literature and found various projects which were Federally funded and conducted to determine the affect of negatives on the population. The research findings are available in the archives of many universities.
Here is a brief summary. Over 60% of the population will do what they are told not to do. "If you want Johnny to do something, just tell him not to do it." That means over 60% of the people who are hammered with the Ten Commandments imbedded with negative are going to do what the Commandments tell them NOT to do - DUH! This means, in religious terms, they have sinned and are supposed to confess their sins and run guilt-blame-shame games to keep themselves at the bottom of consciousness scale so they can be controlled.
I apologize it has taken me so many years to write about this phenomenon. Here it is, you do with it what you will.
It really makes me wonder who the Joker was that figured out about the negative filter we have and then wrote the Ten Commandments to control us. Was it man, the "church" or God?
One thing for sure, if you’re taking a test and the questions are imbedded with negatives, the questions should not count! Remember: Life is a Seminar – there will be tests.
May you have a positive life avoiding negatives!
For further information about the author and his works, go to www.Lance-Rennka.com